Postpartum Doula Services
All services include e-mail, text, and phone support in addition to the in-person support hours.
Post Partum Doula
By Your Side Support Family Doula, provides comprehensive postpartum support through Music City Doulas, the premier Doula agency for Nashville and Middle Tennessee. I welcome families desiring to work directly with an independent doula, at a rate of $30 per hour or packages of 20 hours. As your postpartum doula or Newborn & Family Care Expert, I can provide:
• Postpartum mother care and support
• Assistance with newborn care and family education
• Infant feeding (breast and/or bottle) education and support
• Sibling adjustment and care
• Light housekeeping (laundry, dishes, sweeping, etc.)
• Meal planning and preparation
• Cloth diaper demonstration, prepping, and washing
• Babywearing demonstration
• Referrals to other professionals
Having a sibling doula means someone is there solely for the care and support of your older child. She is trained in the normal process of labor and delivery and able to answer any questions your older child may have or, just be there for comfort and support.
Sibling Doula services are provided exclusively through Music City Doulas. Please contact Music City Doulas directly at 615-208-4111 or, email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the comprehensive services and benefits of working with the agency.
As your Family Doula, I help connect your family with needed resources and offer information on topics including:
• Planning for the postpartum/newborn period
• After-birth care for mothers (physical & emotional)
• Normal newborn appearance and behaviors
• Soothing and sleep
• Car seat selection and safety
• Circumcision information and resources
• Cloth diapers
• Babywearing: slings, structured carriers, wraps, etc.
• Sibling adjustment
• Multiples (twins, triplets, etc.) pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, etc.
• Connecting with other families and organizations in the community
If you think about cloth diapering and the cloth diapering of your grandparents era, you’ll be happy to know that things have come a long way. Cloth diapering parents are no longer limited to diaper pins and messy leaks, rather they have a multitude of options including cloth diapers with snaps and velcro, and waterproof bands around the legs and waist.
As a Family Doula, I have received lots of questions from new parents about cloth diapering and its benefits, and so developed a hands-on cloth diapering class, Introduction to Cloth Diapers. I also started the local cloth diaper group on Facebook, Cloth Diapering Families of Middle TN, where over 1,000 members discuss cloth diapering and buy/sell/trade diapers. Please feel free to become a member of the cloth diapering community on our Facebook group page.
If you would like more information about cloth diapering and its benefits, private cloth diapering classes are available. CONTACT ME for details or to schedule.
Postpartum & New Parent Support Group: Coming Soon!
Rebecca Mills is DONA-trained birth doula and CAPPA-trained Post Partum Doula, Educator, and Mother of Multiples.
Learn more about Rebecca here: Meet Your Doula